We are thoroughly excited that you want to audition for one of our productions!
Thank you for auditioning and making our site grow!
There are a few rules for auditioning for Darker Projects. They are as follows:
- Record your lines in 44100 MP3 Format and in one complete file.
- At the beginning, state your name plainly and give at least a 5-second recording of your room tone.
- DO NOT clean your lines before you send them. Please leave them raw.
- Give us your three best takes on the lines.
- Label your file: Title_CharacterName_YourName.mp3
- Send your audition to DP_Auditions@darkerprojects.com or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Casting Calls:
This casting call has a deadline of October 15, 2022 CST, Midnight
AUDITION FOR EP 116 OF QUANTUM RETRIBUTION: 1…2…3…THEY ALL FALL DOWN
CHARACTERS TO BE CAST:
These are unpaid roles for credit only, in a free, all-volunteer podcast production.
JOHANNA ROYDEN: She is a woman who is trying to win a contest against Vaughn Rickar for the head leaper of the project. She can be ruthless when necessary but is ready to do anything to win. This is a reoccurring character. You must be willing to continue as needed.
- JOHANNA: Go ahead. Have a seat. Not there; sit down at my desk. (beat, then lightly) Go on, or do I need to push you into that chair?
- JOHANNA: (Tone sharpening, but still cool, interrupting him) It’s a good thing that I read everything that filters up through this division. If this had reached Mr. Willis, it would have likely meant both of us being in a line in the unemployment office. So, what seems to be the problem, Mr. Snowbury? (long beat – then pointedly) Are there…problems at home that are filtering up and distracting your true focus?
- JOHANNA: (soft, seductive & totally in control of the situation) Don’t you worry about those reports, Elliot. I have them fixed and in my desk already. I knew that they needed to be handed…
GINA SNOWBURY: A married woman who just found out that her husband has been called away on their anniversary. Gina is not a reoccurring character. She is only in this episode.
- GINA SNOWBURY: (light): Hi, honey! I swear, you must have ESP! I was just about to call you.
- GINA SNOWBURY: (light): Well, I better let you go so you can get out of there. Remember, our reservations at Libertine’s are for eight o’clock.
- GINA SNOWBURY: (Screaming) NO! This makes four years in a row you’ve missed our anniversary because of some last-minute crisis at that place! FOUR YEARS!! You’ve only worked there for four years! I could understand the first two, and maybe even last year, but this is too much, Elliot!
MR FOLEY: He is a security guard at Talmadge Industrial Securities. (This is all the lines for this character– if you get the part, we will use your audition takes)
- FOLEY SECURITY GUARD: (pleasant) Good evening, Mrs. Snowbury.
- FOLEY SECURITY GUARD: (pleasant) Please sign the Visitor’s Log, ma’am. (beat) Oh, I can’t complain.
- FOLEY SECURITY GUARD: Thank you, ma’am. Have a nice evening.
- FOLEY SECURITY GUARD: I will.
COURIER OPERATOR: (CAN BE MALE OR FEMALE): the operator of Hermes Winged Courier Service. (This is all the lines for this character – if you get the part, we will use your audition takes)
- COURIER SERVICE OPERATOR: Hermes Winged Courier Service. How may I help you?
- COURIER SERVICE OPERATOR: Yes, ma’am, up on the tenth floor, correct?
- COURIER SERVICE OPERATOR: Yes, ma’am. I’m sending Terry Mathers up to your office right now. Should be there in five minutes.
TERRY MATHERS: (CAN BE MALE OR FEMALE): a courier of Hermes Winged Courier Service. (This is all the lines for this character – if you get the part, we will use your audition takes)
- TERRY MATHERS (COURIER): Yes, ma’am. You have a special pouch ready?
- TERRY MATHERS (COURIER): (courteous, but then carefully concerned) Yes, ma’am. I’ll get it to him on time. I’ll file a delivery report with the office, and they’ll send a copy of it to you in the morning. (beat) Ms. Thebes, begging your pardon, but are you all right? I mean, that’s a nasty-looking scratch on the side of your face, and…
- TERRY MATHERS (COURIER): (you take the hint in her tone) Okay, ma’am. Well, good evening.
911 OPERATOR: (CAN BE MALE OR FEMALE): (This is all the lines for this character – if you get the part, we will use your audition takes)
- 911 OPERATOR: (calm, professional) 9-1-1. What is your emergency?
- 911 OPERATOR: (calm, focused) What’s your name?
- 911 OPERATOR: (calm, focused) Where are you, Ms. Thebes?
- 911 OPERATOR: (calm, focused) Stay with me, ma’am. (beat) All right, Ms. Thebes, I’ve just dispatched the police and an ambulance to your location. Just talk with me on the phone and…
DOCTOR SIMON: (CAN BE MALE OR FEMALE): A doctor at the project. This doctor will be a reoccurring character. You must be willing to continue as needed.
- SIMON: (firm, concerned) Here, let me help you.
- SIMON: But, Lothos…
- SIMON: (hasty backing up) Nothing, sir. I’m sorry. It will be done as you have said.